* Government money runs out in late June, if debt limit not raised.
* Agencies would have to work with money on hand.
* The debt limit vote this time has a hard stop provision so Congress may deadlock.
The Significance or what it could mean:
* David Stockman video says if gridlock occurs, then market shakeup follows.
* Government agencies could be shut down on March 15th
* Caused by Debt Ceiling Vote, Gridlock, Government Shutdown & Interest Hike
* Video paints scary picture; Could be a 20% market correction coming
* May Scare the Hell out of you as he says market may even crash.
The first 15 min of this Stockman Video will give you a grasp of his points.
News You Need to Know
View All Factors or Trends that may impact your job soon:
1. Intelligent Content Marketing has changed everything .
2. Advertising is Least Effective Communications Resource
3. Integrated Marketing Communication is the new strategy
4. Forthcoming Intelligent Content Conference is really about “Algorithmic Intelligence”
5. Machine Learning and Chatbots will replace or change Call Centers, BDCs, and Lead management
What should you do about all this?
1) Get more detail by clicking through to see just how this is going to happen.
2) Register ASAP for the Intelligent Content Conference in Las Vegas on March 28th .
Here are six developments in automotive, breakthrough technology, and artificial intelligence that you will want to know-- and possibly act on.
1. Mobile World Congress, Barcelona, was More of Same.
2. IBM’s Bet on Bitcoin will bring BlockChain to Auto Soon
3. Mind Blogging: Edmunds & Cars.com Data & Machine Learning Used in Census Taking of American Cities
4. How is Artificial Intelligence being used to reinvent computing
5. VR Gradually Catching on: Viewer Seems the Issue
6. Nvidia is Everywhere: VR to Autonomous Vehicles
Today & this week is the 72nd anniversary of six U.S. Marines raising the American flag on Iwo Jima
Here is what our erudite Marine Corps Contributing Editor & a Real Mud Marine, Jim Thompson, sent us:
"The men from Easy (now Echo) Company 2nd Bn, 28th Marines, immortalized by the Rosenthal photos and subsequently by the Marine Corps War Memorial, were there by pure coincidence. Every man who served on Iwo Jima was a hero including my 3rd Bn, 9th Marines Dad. While we have always thought one of the six was Corpsman Bradley, the discovery that it was actually PFC Harold Schultz should not diminish the service that Bradley provided to ‘his’ Marines.
Why this Anniversary is Significant:
Some of what this is about is-- Why you should hire Marines coming off active duty whenever possible.
Consider that 2 Marine generals & an Army intellect are our best hope for the new presidency.
Visit this memorial this summer. We need more Marines running things. Semper Fi.
See a short video that tells the story of this historic day.
Upcoming Industry EventsView All
What is the significance of being selected as Autobytel Dealer of the Month?
The Autobytel Dealer Awards Program recognizes exceptional dealers who employ the highest standards in customer service, Internet automotive retail sales and digital lead management processes, and mobile and emerging technologies.
What got Scott to where he is now?
A sustained focus on making difference in dealership management. Experience with 29 years of auto business. Migrated from the East Coast to Spokane area. Prepped by management roles at Lithia, a Subaru store, and Four Rooftops for the Larry H, Miller organization.
How Scott and his dealership team have been successful:
With a digital army behind him, Larry mobilized a team of people who are some of the best in the industry when it comes to digital platforms and managing Google analytics, reviews, and social media.
This Toyota Spokane team with support and culture of the Larry H. Miller dealerships capitalized on the extensive & multiple Autobytel Sales tools, This resulted in enhancing the digital presence of the dealership and enabled the dealership to integrate Google placement, organic search and LeadGen from Autobytel. The Payment Pro platform gave their site a lift by helping prospects and customer to make buy decision based on payments resulting in a high closing rates on from leads.
To have a 23% year-over-year growth in vehicle sales is a testament that Scott and the Spokane dealer team were doing things right.
What has been the role of the Larry H. Miller Organization?
Larry H. Miller Group is over 60 stores strong now and they are deeply engaged in their people. the company culture, and to giving back to the community. All of this made it easy for Scott to build a career and to work for them. Spokane Toyota opened a new state-of-the-art facility at the end of 2016.
What Scott is about personally?
Avid fly fisherman, being a Grandfather, and living in God’s country
Follow The Leaders
New Senior VP Brings Extensive Global Auto Manufacturing & Management to J D Power
J D Power has gained a new industry leader with a deep understanding of quality and design issues to be Senior Vice President, Global Automotive.
Doug Betts has deep and long management experience with automotive operations, manufacturing, and quality control at Apple, Nissan, Toyota, and FCA.
Finnbar O'Neill, President, says that the position of Senior VP at J D Power is the most important role in the automotive division and that Doug’s leadership will provide their clients with the knowledge and advice they need to navigate the challenges ahead. Further, Betts will provide first-hand experience with the disruptive forces reshaping the automotive industry.
Based in Costa Mesa, Betts will have responsibility for leading the strategy and operations for J.D. Power’s entire automotive division, which includes the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific.
Betts looks forward to keeping J.D. Power at the forefront of our industry as it incorporates new and disruptive technologies and evolves to serve younger, emerging generations of car buyers.
To really see what Doug Betts has accomplished & now seeks to bring to J D Power, check out the original release
Weekly Industry News Poll