• The Future of Cars is Now.
• How people will move about in the future is central strategic focus
• What is the focus of every Asian OEMs and autonomous vehicle developers?
• The LA World Affairs Council staged The Future of Asia Conference in late Sept.
• Agenda featured expert panel focused on the future of cars in Asia & U.S.
The Significance of the Panel Presentation at this Conference:
• Understand future of vehicle technology, manufacturing, and utilization by Asian auto makers
• Note particularly how the 2 Chinese OEMs see future market, development & manufacturing.
See the summary of the insights, observations, & assessments by 3 expert panelists.
2. Controlled Ad Viewing on Specialty Programming platforms (Crackle).
3. Mobile viewing of movies,car ads,& news growing: Blocking still a constraint.
4. Influencer Marketing is powerful means to increase audience.
5. Two new programming sites producing own content – Crackle & EPIX.
6. Charity Site, Pixhug, becoming an effective way to raise money for causes.
7. Lots of focus in panels on Millennials and their viewing practices
8. Monetizing video is big challenge even in TV.
9. TV production companies & studio obsessed with Story Telling.
10. VR has big future but viewer access using the “boxes” is challenge.
For more detail on a least some of what came down in presentations
Truth in Auto Lending is Coming: Blockchain Technology & Smart Contracts May Replace Your Auto Finance Guy, Controller, & Maybe F&I & Floor Planning at the Dealership.SITUATION:
• Blockchain Tech to be Auto Lending Game Changer: Mashes up cryptography & peer-to-peer networking.
• Creates a shared database of transactions & other information.
• A blockchain is an ever-lengthening chain of blocks of data.
• Toyota Financial Services has used Blockchain & smart contracts.
• Delinquent auto loans automatically transfer ownership & loanee can’t use the car.
• All parties to know all about auto loans, rates, apps, stips, & fine print.
• Blockchain could reduce need for businesses to organize as companies.
• Collaborators will work together as free agents instead of under bosses.
• Blockchain could replace bankers, accountants, & lawyers, escrow accounts, insurance, & verification of payments & performance of contracts.
• Truth-telling feature of Blockchain makes it enormously useful to banks.
• Ethereum, goes beyond ledger function; Works more like Google Docs—shares SW that can be used by all but is tamperproof.
Start getting up to speed on BlockChain with an in-depth Bloomberg article.